Spiritual Reflections

These posts are my daily reflections of what I think about during my journey through life. They are my perspectives on life and the problems I face. I hope they cause others to reflect on their journey, and maybe even give them some help during their adventure of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surrey, British Columbia, Canada

Please note: the content of these postings are my own position and thinking, and do not necessarily represent the position of any organization that I am associated with.

Monday, June 14, 2004

Everything is Okay


The Lord is our strong fortress in our time of need, for our walls of protection are not made with rock and mortar. The strength of our fortress is the character of God. He is able and willing to put his protective arms around us and watch over us. While we sleep in the night, God is watching over us. His power and love surround us. In Him, we are secure and can find rest. As David the songwriter wrote many years ago, “I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold” (Psalm 18:1-2). God is the foundation of our hope and trust in times of distress and sorrow. He provides an immovable foundation that is firm and steadfast. His character is faithful and trustworthy. He will never fail us. As a mother holds her helpless child to her breasts, so the Father in heaven stands guard over his children. He has billions of angels standing ready at his command to shield us.
We can rejoice in hard times, for we know that they will not last. Like happy playful children, he builds a fence of protection around us. The storms may blow, but we are sheltered by his care. In the midst of trouble, we are like watchers in a warm secure castle watching the storm outside through a windows pane. We can put our faith in him at all times. He is not only the foundation of our hope and the protector of our souls, but also our commanding general. We stand within the strong fortress dressed for battle in the finest of armor. The armor of faith covers our weak unprotected skin. Without Him, we are helpless against the forces of darkness and evil, but God in Christ has put impenetrable armor around us. We are shielded against the forces of wickedness that would harm and torture our souls. He puts his protective arms of love around us, and gives us a simile and a hug of assurance.
As the great missionary Paul wrote, “No, in all things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present age nor the future, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:37-39). Nothing can break through the protection God has given us. Not pain, sickness, poverty, hunger, depression, fear nor death can harm us. The sufferings of this world may assail us, but we stand firm on the power and character of God. As his children, we are eternally safe in his strong fatherly arms. He says to us, "I am here; do not worry. Everything is okay."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home