Spiritual Reflections

These posts are my daily reflections of what I think about during my journey through life. They are my perspectives on life and the problems I face. I hope they cause others to reflect on their journey, and maybe even give them some help during their adventure of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surrey, British Columbia, Canada

Please note: the content of these postings are my own position and thinking, and do not necessarily represent the position of any organization that I am associated with.

Thursday, June 03, 2004

Thoughts of Today


The goodness of God is endless. It may not seem that way when we are going through hardships and pain, but in spite of all the problems we may face today - God is trustworthy and we can put our faith in him. God has an eternity of blessing waiting for us. When we compare our difficulties here, they do not compare with the eternal happiness awaiting us. Too often, we focus all our thoughts on what is happening to us today, and fear of what may happen to us tomorrow. However, with a faith in God, it is easier to get through today's troubles and have hope left over for tomorrow.
The Bible says, "For you, O Lord, are my hope, my trust, O Lord, from my youth" (Psalm 71:5). As I look back over my life, God has never failed me. There has been times when I have been very ticked off with God and my situation in life, but over the years I have learned that God is faithful and trustworthy. He never lets me down or disappoints me. A verse of a song in the Bible says, "My praise is continually of you" (Psalm 71:6). Everyday I can say, "Thank you Lord. You are fantastic!" He is wonderful to me and cares for me continually. He is a great heavenly Father. So, like the song writer David wrote, "My tongue will talk of your righteous help all the day long" (Psalm 71:24). My friends what more can I say. Trust in the Lord, and forget not his never ending goodness and loving-kindness to us. Praise be to his holy name!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home